I talk a lot about elevating the everyday, creating moments of joy and moments to look forward to throughout your day- even in the midst of the mundane.
One of my favorite ways to do this is to elevate my “self care” routine and make my time in my bathroom as luxurious as possible. Instead of simply taking a shower, washing my face and heading to bed… I treat this time like a little trip to the spa. Here are my tips for making your bathroom as spa-like as possible.
- Bring in the plants (so long as you have windows)! Plants love the bathroom and they thrive in here, and it’s the perfect way to bring in some organic decor.
- Treat yourself to a linen robe. Not your ratty-old fuzzy, but a robe that feels special when you put it on. After taking detox baths, it’s important to air dry and not towel dry off (so the minerals can soak into your skin). I like putting on a robe while I’m still a bit damp to stay warm.
- Make your own clean beauty oils. I’ve been making my own skin serum, cleansing oil, body oil (and shampoo and conditioner!) for years. I love being able to customize my products for my skin’s needs, and I love that this way I’m able to use a product that I can trust and is 100% clean. I’ll be sharing recipes soon!
- Use your natural self care tools. Dry brush before you shower, Gua Sha your face and body in the morning, use your pumice stone. Natural self care tools are not only incredibly effective (but they look pretty as decor in your bathroom too!)
- Get yourself a good bath caddy. I love soaking in a mineral or detox bath with a good book.
- LED candles, set to turn on when you usually are in the bathroom. It’s no secret I love timed LED candles. I keep the lights off and bathe by candlelight in the evening and it’s heavenly.
- Diffuse lavender, rosemary and eucalyptus. My favorite oils to diffuse that give me allll the spa vibes.
- Keep epsom salts, organic borax, magnesium flakes and bentonite clay on hand for detox and mineral baths. I take a detox bath once a week and daily if I’m sick. They make such a difference and I always have supplies on hand. These jars from Target are my favorite for pantry, cleaning supply and bath supply storage!
How do you elevate your self care routine?