This is the easiest stew EVER and it’s my go-to for busy nights.
- one onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- small bunch of thyme, chopped (I LOVE love love thyme so go heavy handed with it in this)
- 4-8 andouille sausages, sliced. Depending on how meat-y you want it. I’ve made it with one pack of 4, when we’re really hungry and when I have it I’ll do two.
- 36 ounces of bone broth (about one and a half quart jars). If you’re doing just 4 sausages you can do just one quart of bone broth
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- handfuls of chopped kale
- In a dutch oven, drizzle olive oil and sauce onions until fragrant. Add in your sausage and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add in your chopped garlic and sauce, then add in the thyme.
- pour in your bone broth and bring to a boil, then add your cannelloni beans. Bring back to a boil and then down to a simmer.
- Simmer for about an hour (I’ve let it simmer on low for 3-4 hours before). Then, take a potato masher and mash up the cannelloni beans to thicken it up.
- About 20 minutes before serving, add in the kale.
- Serve with chopped parsley and crusty bread.
Leave a Reply